Wednesday, September 28, 2011

New surgery date of 10/3....

I have been on a total emotional rollercoaster ride today without the amusement park. I can tell you it is no fun.

I got the most unexpected phone call this morning while visiting my friend Jesse and her new little princess Isabella.  One moment, I am enjoying being with Jesse and Ella, (new babies are the sweetest things, and this one and her mama are both cuties)  the next moment, I am thrown into an emotional tailspin.

My cell phone rings, and the lady says "Hi...blah, blah, blah, I am calling about your surgery scheduled for October 21st, I am like what do you mean the 21st."  She said, "Oh yeah, your surgery date on the 4th is not going to work. The equipment we need is already checked out and we can't coordinate any of the doctors schedules, until the 21st."   

Instant emotions flared up at that moment.  Disbelief, disappointment, anger, tears, sadness....

The thought of having this cancer grow inside of me for another 17 days past the original surgery date, was almost more than I could bare to think about. 

There has been so much planning on my part, my families part, my neighbors part.  It really pissed me off to think that they thought it would be ok to change the date and extend the time out by that much....

I won't go into everything, but I made it clear that getting my surgery done ASAP, was my first priority. 

One of my quotes's to the scheduler..."I don't mean to be blunt, but I have breast cancer, I have 3 little boys, that need me.  I need to get this CANCER out of me as soon as possible.  Please tell me now, if I  need to go to another hospital that can take care of this quicker than you guys."  She then told me not make any childcare changes until she got back to me before the days end. 

Fast forward, 4 hours.  Voila', I have a new surgery date of October 3rd, a day earlier than my original date.

I guess there is something to be said for being assertive when it comes to your health and well being.  (I really hope that the two staff members, I talked to today, don't red flag my chart as me being a total b:=#$, but again I think I was on the brink of a freak out.)  Medication is looking better and better all the time.

Thankfully, Uncle Eric was able to get the day off on Monday to be with the boys.  Knowing that he will be here with them when they wake up, is a huge relief. 

I am still irritated as I type...I need to go breathe somewhere quietly for 20 minutes and I know I will be ok.

Much love....

4 comments:

  1. Very, VERY glad they worked it out!! I seriously wanted to scream FOR YOU when I read your post this morning. Medical care...grrrrr, is all I can say!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha,
    The only reason that you even KNOW about the cancer is because of your assertive personality. Why let it stop you now???
    You put your foot down and once again, things are turning in your favor. One day earlier of kicking Buffy's ass outta your special place!!!
    You rock!!!
    I am so thankful that Eric was able to get off work. He is amazing. :)
    You are one blessed lady. I love you bunches and will be thinking about you!!! As always!
    Love,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said, Jenn! And, I completely agree about this "Eric" person. He seems like an amazing individual who would do anything for those he loves. We need more people like him in this world. Just think Marsha, on Tuesday, Buffy being inside you will be a fading memory that will one day be negligible as you continue to be an amazing woman. On Tuesday, I, however, will still be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric,
    Correct on all counts! As usual!
    Waiting to hear about Buffy's demise! (Insert evil laugh!)

    ReplyDelete