Monday, October 3, 2011

Warrior Woman! Surgery Update...

Okay folks, this is Eric, Marsha's brother.  She asked me to post something regarding her surgery and to try to be comical.  Apparently, my humor is not up to her standards.  I guess what I am trying to say here is that...not only is Buffy a biotch, but sometimes also...well, I think you get my point. 

Anyway, Marsha had surgery today and the results were not as expected.  Buffy was near the chest wall and decided to hold on for all she was worth causing them to have to remove a significant portion of her chest wall.  Buffy had also spread to her first lymphnode which tested positive, but the one behind it tested negative.

What is on the horizon...Marsha will most likely deliver Buffy a one-two punch with radiation AND chemo (not the news we were expecting to hear).  A mastectomy, however, is still in the cards as a possibility.  Being the Princess that she is, she is concerned about her hair.  I told her not to fear.  I could do a fantastic style for her with my creative talents.  I am not so sure she was keen on the idea.  Anyway, she will be the Diva I have always loved and admired when all is said and done.  She will kick Buffy's ass soon enough.

One thing I do know about my sister...she is an amazing woman who is tough and can tackle anything that comes her way.  I look at this as another opportunity for her to show the world exactly what she is made of, exactly what I have always known she has been capable of doing.  Since I have this opportunity, I want to publically acknowledge that I love her more than words.  She has always placed everyone's needs above her own, but now it is her turn.  I told her to milk it for everything it is worth.  I sure as heck would!

She is resting and will post as soon as she can.  I can assure you of one thing...it will be a more comical post than mine. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update and you did a great job. (I LOVE the first paragraph)-lol. Anyway, thank you again and YES Warrior woman indeed! She can and WILL beat this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! You are a fabulous big bro to her Eric! God knew what He was doing when He put your families together! I <3 you Marsha!! In my prayers darlin'...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Eric, my friend!!!
    I know Marsha will kick Buffy's hind parts soon enough... Nash County style!!!
    She is blessed to call you brother and I am blessed to call you both friend. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you will beat this cancer to the curb Marsha! With a mother like you, the boys will be fine too! What a wonderful "warrior" role model they have in you. Bart and your whole family are never far from my mind.
    With much love, Mary Ann Glick

    ReplyDelete