Thursday, October 6, 2011

I can handle the physical pain, gotta get a handle of the emotional side of it

Hi all,
Its been a few days since surgery, and I am finally out of my bed.  I even plan on wearing real clothes tomorrow. 

Oh crap, who am I kidding, another new pair of pjs here I come. 

Thank you friends, that have been supporting my " I gotta look good while sick and bring me a pair of pjs mission."

I have had a week full of wearing lovely new pjs and feeling hugged by the very ones that have gifted them to me.

Bart seriously has no clue now what to buy me for Christmas, because getting me pjs is always a winner :)

Eric blogged for me on Monday, about what happened during surgery.  I wish I could tell you that I had more information about what exactly having a 'positive lymph node" means.

But in my mind, it means

Chemotherapy

Pet scan to see if the cancer has spread beyond my lymph nodes (which this part of it is causing my MIND to WORK overtime, I really need to stop overthinking it, wait for the doc to call me and figure out the gameplan from there on out)

The possibility of more surgery.

None of that is really official except the Chemo part.  I hope to hear from my surgeon tomorrow with the biopsy results.

I have an official surgeon appointment, on Monday the 10th.

I have an oncology appt on Wednesday the 12th.

I had two days of discomfort with the surgery and then yesterday, I just took the meds so I could get good rest.  Today was my first pain pill free day, but I really think I probably should have taken one or four :), so I wouldn't be driving myself crazy with all the "what if" thoughts.  

Side note, the cards, food, gifts, flowers have all BEEN WONDERFUL!  Thanks for being such great friends to me.  I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Marsha,
    I desperately need your address. I know HOW to get to your house, I just don't have the physical address. Grrrr...
    Anyway, You got this girl. Buffy is quite a biotch, but she ain't got nuttin on you!
    I love you and I am thinking about you constantly!!!
    BTW, you have inspired soooo many of us to do our mammograms and fight for them if needed. You absolfreakinglutely ROCK!!!
    I have mad love for you!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete