Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I most likely have a hot date on 10/4

Hi all,
Just left my surgeons office, and no decisions were made as far as L vs M.  I look forward to meeting my new O doc tomorrow so he can give me the low down.  We all know that cancer is bad and ugly, I am waiting on some more good! 

I am so totally confused on which way to go. 
Really, everybody is telling me to do the M, and I GET that but DAMN, when you are faced with that, and really FACED with that.  Its a BIG deal. 

I am researching like you people know I do, and it looks like the outcomes are very similiar for both procedures for the reoccurance of cancer.  So then the question becomes?  6 weeks of radiation and a side of chemo? and being able to be more of a part of the family during that time...

Or 4 to 6 weeks of harder surgery recovery with a side of chemo with a smaller increased chance of reoccurance?  And becoming even better friends with my pillow, and catching up on my 75 DVR'ed shows that are waiting for me. Which equates to aboutt 30 hrs of Gordon Ramsey watching :) 

So, I have a tentative surgery date for 10/4 (good buddy) for either procedure,  and if I decide on a M, I am going to try to have the reconstruction done all in one fail swoop.  I will make a decision, after talking to the O doc t/m. 
Later friends!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Love how you keep it real. L vs. M...eh, you do the number crunching. I have had an L and in my case there was no distortion (as some of your reading may discuss). If ya go with the M, just be clear that the new one can not be perkier than the original. Oh, yea, it's you...you will be quite clear on those detail with them. Go git em!!!

    ReplyDelete