Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Says they won't lying about this bald thing...

I lost my hair just over a week and a half ago. This coming up Friday will be two weeks now. 

I have to tell you I cried like a baby that whole day.  I am so glad that my SIL was here with me that night for a few hours, its amazing how she just made everything better!  Thanks Sara!!!  Love you tons!

Kathleen, my very sweet mama from the block, had been cutting my hair shorter and shorter that week because it just kept shedding and shedding.  I was leaving my DNA all over Raleigh and Durham.  It's a good thing, I AM as innocent as I look or I could be in some serious trouble. 

One of the biggest pains about being bald, is my kids perception of me.  I REALLY don't want to be scare of me, think I am going to die, or have any of their friends pick on them because of their bald headed mama. 

When my hair was shedding and I mean SHEDDING, I was letting the boys pull it out for me.  Braeden and Chase thought it was a great party trick.  Braxton has been alot more sensitive to it, but I am his favorite, I think he is really worried about me.  But all three boys are pretty excited about the prospect of coloring my bald head with washable markers, again what a fun party trick.  I have had to tell Chaser no SHARPIES :)

Some memorable quotes

Braeden--Mom are you going to wear a wig to soccer?  You probably should because it's embarrassing to be bald.  I don't want any kids to pick on you.

Chase--Mom can you get a wig like George Washington?  This makes me giggle.

Braxton--thinks its great that he has the longest hair in the family now.

Speaking of wigs, they suck pretty much.  No matter how much they cost.  They are itchy and I feel so self conscious with them on.  (Memorable quote from Janele S about one of wigs, "how did you find one that had 50 million colors like your real hair."  that makes me LOL :)

A big thank you to my friend/hairgirl Dana Ray of 12 years, for giving my wigs haircuts :)

I guess I should add the positive note about being bald, I can get ready in 14 minutes FLAT....

With that being said, I am pretty comfortable in my skin and have been rocking the hats and bandana's.  It's just much easier that way. 

Again a big thank you to Chrissy Wisler and (mama) Brenda Keen for making me the most rocking bandanas :)

Tui and Missy thanks ladies for the gifts of hats :)

Chase has specifically asked me to wear wigs to his sporting events, so I will not scar the child and comply.

I guess I should add the positive note about being bald, I can get ready in 14 minutes FLAT....

Now on to my very awesome husband and  supoortive friends that just ROCK and who also happen to be bald now....

Bart shaved his head the same day, I had to shave mine.  Steve and I had some concerns, but in the end it turned out awesome! 

My friend Jim, had said from the beginning of my cancer journey if I lost my hair, he was going to shave his head.  We shaved his head on Thanksgiving night.  It really looks good! I have to say the new haircut fits his new motorcycle very nicely :)

Stone and Noah two awesome kids, shaved their heads that same night....they are both totally rocking the mohawks!  Thanks to the moms!  I love having their support!

And this past Sunday my friend, Anthony shaved his head in support of me.  He looks awesome.  Free haircuts baby!  Let me know if anyone wants one, hehe!

I can really say that the support of all of yall just means the world.

Tomorrow, is chemo treatment 3.  Wish me luck.  I counted up  my weeks, and it looks like I will finish up the chemo part of this journey on 2/8/12. 

<3 to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Expensive wigs shouldn't be itchy.

    I think you are beautiful with bandanas, hats or nothing at all on your head!!!
    I am thinking of you girl... love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete