Monday, April 9, 2012

It's come to my attention....

It has come to my attention, or so I was told :)  That not everyone that reads my blog is on my Facebook page. 

So for the past month, it is likely that some of you do not know how my surgery went, and how I am doing.  I ran into someone the other day, who had envisioned the worse because I had not updated anything here. 

I can tell you, I am doing quite well and have recovered about 80% from my big ol surgery!  It was not the easiest recovery, but it was an seven hour surgery, and they certaintly did alot.  So, I need to cut myself some slack :) 

I am still having lingering aches and pains, that won't go away.  The doctor says that they are related to my expanders digging into my muscles and that it's perfectly normal....

And expanding they are!  The doctor typically only put in 60cc's of fluid every 2 weeks with most patients.  The week before last they put in 150cc during that week. 

Literally. Growing. Before. My. Eyes. LOL.

With a big needle I might add, but it doesn't hurt, but it's fun to see Bart cringe, I try to score some poor me points, can you do the laundry today, since I was tortured :)  But alas, it does not work at all :)

Tomorrow, I go for another "fill up", I should be getting close to my targeted size.  I am only a few weeks out from radiation which will start once I am done expanding.  Yet another chapter closer to being done with Buffy!

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment