Friday, February 24, 2012

Crochet your worries away!

So in case you didn't know, I have a big week coming up next week.  My double mastectomy and lymph node surgery along with the start of my reconstruction is next Thursday March 1st.  I have not made final decisions on what reconstruction path, I am going to take.  Tissue vs Implants.  My plastic surgeon wants to wait till after radiation to make final decision. 

He did ask how big I wanted to go.   I told him about my same size I am now, I told him I wanted people to ask me for my number and not his when they looked at me.  Bart and the doc just shook their heads laughing..haha

I am busy trying to get the house in order, which for some apparent reason involved me cleaning out my closet, (luckily for me, I was able to find some cute stuff at Loft this week, since my closet felt so empty :)  Finding people to cart my kids around to sports...thank you to Tui, Tracy, and Michelle!  We will definitely need your "taxi" services!  (Oh and Tui, I need your Pad Thai, too)

And of course, the BIGGEST god send of all, Uncle Eric coming to stay with us on Wednesday and staying thru Monday. 

My kids track out on Friday the day after surgery, this is a complete stress in itself.  But I know it will all work out. 

I have been asked several times how I feel about the surgery.  I honestly have not put that much thought into it.  I stay busy and on the go all the time with these boys of mine.

When Braeden was in the hospital with his brain surgeries, I started crocheting him a blanket. It was great therapy, it really takes your mind off of your worries.  I still have it in my drawer, I haven't picked it up since.  At best it is a oversized scarf or an undersized shawl. 

I have started my own blanket, and I swear to you I think it has kept me from over obsessing about my surgery and recovery...

But as it sits right now, my thought process is....these boobs of mine are the cause my cancer, they need to be gone, so they never have the chance of threatening my life again.....some women are attached to their body parts, I am pretty attached to my life....

Much love good people!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing, awesome uplifting words!
    Our bodies are amazing creations, but thank God, we can be rid of certain parts that we thought we couldn't live without!!!
    You are a blessing.
    Hey, I am thinking that reconstructed boobies are just as functional as the original set.
    AND, the threat will be GONE. Bam! Just like Buffy's stupid self. Who did she think she was? Messing with YOU????
    I would much rather have YOU on the planet than your parts. I mean, it isn't like I see them anyway! LOL
    Love you much!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, my dear sister, how I love you! I am actually excited for this part of your journey as it is a means to the end, an end full of long life and happiness with all of us.

    I will be there for you, Bart, and the boys looking forward to spending some quality time with them so that will be one less worry for you. You know they love me (and I love them too).

    Rest this week to build your strength, and I will see you Wednesday night. Hugs and love, babe! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete